F. A. Q.

Code Enforcement Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  What types of zones does the City of Sikeston have?
The city has a variety of zoning types within the corporate limits of the city.  (See ZONING INFO)

Q:  When do I need a building permit?
A building permit is required for ANY addition, alteration, renovation, or new construction of both residential and commercial structures on your property.  If you have any questions about your project, first contact Code Enforcement at (573) 471-2512.  (see BUILDING PERMITS)

Q:  Where are the flood plains in the City of Sikeston?
The Code Enforcement Office maintains the National Flood Insurance Program Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM maps) for the incorporated limits of Sikeston.  Contact the Code Enforcement office at (573) 471-2512 for further information.

Q:  Where do I find the Municipal Codes?
The Municipal Codes are available online.  The link is located on the right navigation on the homepage and on the Code Enforcement section of this website.  You can also use this link, Municipal Code.