The City of Sikeston is required by law and sound business practice to purchase services, materials and supplies by use of competitive bidding. Every effort is made to prepare concise bid specifications, and to award bids to the lowest and best bidder.
To be placed on the City of Sikeston’s vendor list, firms should send an introduction letter and copies of literature or catalogs pertaining to products or services to City of Sikeston, 105 E. Center Street, Sikeston MO, "Attention to [Department you are seeking bids for]".
All vendors remain on the City’s active vendor list for one (1) year. If a firm does not respond to a request for bid or quotation during this one (1) year period, their name may be removed from the vendor list.
Current Bids & Quotes
RFQ #23-30, Request for Qualifications, Professional Architectural and Design Services
The City of Sikeston is requesting qualifications for architectural and design services to assist in the construction of a fire station. Architectural and Design Services shall include but are not limited to design development of a fire station, preparation of design and final site plans, estimate construction costs, preparation and assembly of all bidding and contract documents, administration of bidding and award of construction contract, oversight of construction process (similar to project management) and post completion/warranty phase.
Information provided to the City of Sikeston must include:
- The specialized experience and technical competence of the firm with respect to architectural services and related work on similar projects.
- The capacity and capability of the firm to perform the scope of service as described.
- The past record of performance of the firm with respect to such factors as control of costs, quality of work, and ability to meet schedules.
- The firm's proximity to and familiarity with the area in which the project is located.
- References from previous clients of related work with the firm within the past five years.
- Documentation of compliance with E-Verify requirements.
The firm will be selected based on the above qualifications. Once the most qualified firm is selected, a cost for architectural services will be negotiated. The above information should be submitted no later than 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 26, 2022, to the City of Sikeston Finance Department, 105 E. Center, Sikeston, MO 63801. For a copy of the RFQ or additional information, please contact Karen Bailey, Finance Director at 573-475-3712 or via email email@example.com.
The City of Sikeston is Equal Opportunity Employers and invites the submission of proposals from minority and women-owned firms.