During yesterday’s Council meeting, Sikeston City Council took the following actions:
- Council awarded Bid 18-06 to Sentinel Emergency Solutions in the amount of $48,239.86 for the purchase of 5 Thermal Imaging Cameras , batteries and a video receiver capable of receiving live video images. As part of an AFG Grant that was awarded, the City of Sikeston is required to match 5% of the amount which is $2,412.00.
- Council authorized the Department of Public Works to purchase a pickup truck from Don Brown Chevrolet under their state contract bid. With this purchase some vehicles will be shifted around, but this will free up a much needed truck for the Code Enforcement Department.
- Authorization was approved for staff to solicit bids for the supply of aviation fuel at Sikeston Memorial Airport.
- Council authorized the Parks Department to purchase 15 tons of DuraEdge Classic Infield Material from Advanced Turf Solutions in the amount of $19,294.50. This material will be used at Fields #4, #6 and #7.
- Council awarded Bid #18-3 to Tru Turf Solutions in the amount of $15,400.00 to renovate the infields for Fields #4, #6, and #7.
- Council authorized the City of Sikeston to become a member of the National Joint Powers Alliance (NJPA). NJPA is a public agency that was created to provide services such as cooperative purchasing for government and education agencies. There is no cost to become a member.
- Other Items:
- VFW Auxiliary Members Sue Rogers, Anita Williams and Joan Holt were present to discuss the possibility of seeking Council’s approval to adopt a plan to paint the American Flag on the silo that is located by R.S. Matthews Park. They will help pay for the painting through fundraisers. Staff will do research into the cost associated with the painting and upkeep of this project.
- Due to the upcoming Christmas/New Year’s Holiday, the December 25th Council meeting has been cancelled and January’s Regular Council meeting has been rescheduled to January 8th at 5:00 p.m.
- Council was reminded of the upcoming Airport Open House on Wednesday, October 11 from 4-6 p.m. and also the PAWS Animal Shelter Open House on Tuesday, October 17 from 4-6 p.m.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned into Executive Session (Property). Council’s next meeting is scheduled for 5:00 PM on Thursday, October 19th.