During yesterday’s Council meeting, Sikeston City Council took the following actions:
- Council was given an update on the annual Boards & Commission process. Citizens Resource Bank Applications are currently being accepted for consideration by Council for 26 positions on 12 boards/commissions and the deadline for accepting applications for this year’s nomination process is Friday, August 25th. Council will make appointments in September.
- Council approved the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the IBEW Local 702 who represents the Parks and Streets Division skilled workers.
- Council authorized the purchase of SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) air bottles. The purchase of these additional 19 bottles will bring the Department of Public Safety’s inventory back to their correct amount.
- Council approved the engineering services contract for the Rail Trail Project – Phase 1. The total cost for engineering is $86,821 and is funded 75% through MoDOT grant funds. The engineering cost is broken down into two groups: design services for a cost of $48,621 and construction inspections in the amount of $38,200.
- Other items:
- Council approved Emergency Bill #6069, authorizing the Mayor to execute a contract with the Missouri Highways & Transportation Commission for the use of Federal Aviation Administration Funds for the construction of runway crack seal, seal coat and remark at the Sikeston Memorial Airport.
- The Community Outreach Meeting scheduled for August 17th has been cancelled.
- The Special Council meeting scheduled for Monday, August 28th has been moved to Tuesday, August 29th at 5:00 p.m.
- Due to the Labor Day holiday, the Regular Council meeting in September has been moved to Tuesday, September 5th at 5:00 p.m.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned. Council’s next meeting will be held at 5:00 PM on Tuesday, August 29th.